Sunday, April 3, 2016

Backyard Liberty – The Smart Easy Way To Food Independence

Backyard Liberty – The Smart Easy Way To Food Independence.For good reason,we all have to eat and being food independent is after all one of the key concepts of prepping, homesteading and survival.


https://secure.avangate.com/order/cart.php?PRODS=4601857&QTY=1&AFFILIATE=52395 
https://secure.avangate.com/order/cart.php?PRODS=4601857&QTY=1&AFFILIATE=52395



From the introduction:


 "  Mainstream America may be unwilling to accept the inevitable possibility of a crisis situation, but the truth is, it will eventually take place. Whether it’s due to a national contamination of our food source, war, or other disruptions to “the norm”, crisis scenarios have occurred all throughout history and you need to be prepared in the event that you’re alive when it happens.

    One of the most important things that you have to be aware of and prepared for in any type of crisis situation is how you will eat. As everyone will no doubt turn to looting, scavenging and any other possible means to get food, the available food supply will eventually be depleted and you will have to be able to create your own source of food. And this is where the practice of survival aquaponics comes into the picture."



We all know that a crisis is going to happen at some point, so most preppers store up a supply of water, food, medications and weapons for self-defense, but during consulting with clients (yes, I do that too – I just don’t advertise it) were I’ve seen the most short comings in their preps is in their resupply plan.

It’s a face… you can only store so much food, because of cost and space, and the more food that you store the more that you have to keep up with, via dating, and rotation. After you reach a certain point it can get overwhelming and unmanageable.

The only solution to all of this is to set up a renewable resupply chain – as in growing your own, on your own land or in hidden locations. As you know I’m a big fan of the small self-reliant homestead concept… I.E. raising a home vegetable garden, chickens for eggs and meat, rabbits for meat, bees for honey, a fruit orchard etc.

I do all of the above and have for years, but I’ll admit that I’ve never tried survival aquaponics, but after reading “Backyard Liberty – The Smart Easy Way To Food Independence” I think that I’ll give it a try.

It looks simple enough, and the plans detail a low-cost set-up that just about anyone can afford to put together, even me. It’s also well written with 97 pages including color photographs, with sections breaking each topic into easily digestible details.

The plans give several different recommendations for tanks, including swimming pools, plastic barrels, and IBC tanks, discarded bathtubs and hot tubs, to name a few, but I’m going to use the IBC tanks, because I already have several on hand and know where I can buy several more cheaply.

It will probably be a couple of months before I can set this up, because I have so many other projects in the works, (isn’t prepping fun) but I think that survival aquaponics will be a great step forward to increase my personal food resupply chain.

Although I’ll be starting from scratch, I’m confident that I’ll have no trouble setting this up and running it effectively, using the instructions that are provided in the Backyard Liberty Plan.

Ah, I almost forgot… there are several bonus programs that you get free of charge when you download Backyard Liberty including – How to build a water bio filter, How to survive an economic collapse, and 27 Items to hoard before a crisis.

If you’re already a hands on expert and have your own survival aquaponics set-up, then please share your thoughts and tips in the comments below. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment